2 March 2015
Whitehaven supports Nosh on the Namoi
Whitehaven Coal is delighted to announce that we are once again sponsoring this year’s Nosh on the Namoi festival.
The festival celebrates and promotes local and regional produce and culture through glorious food and wine, art, music and performance.
Nosh on the Namoi takes place on Saturday 21 March at Riverside Lawn, The Crossing Theatre, Narrabri. More details can be found here
Our continuing support for Nosh on the Namoi is part of our community sponsorship programme.
In 2014, Whitehaven donated more than $100,000 to local community activities including:
- Westpac Community Rescue Helicopter – a not-for-profit charity that provides rescue transport services across the North West New South Wales communities (matching staff donations) – $46,725 (totalling $93,450).
- Winanga-Li Aboriginal Child and Family Centre community mini-bus – $40,000
- Dorothea Mackellar Memorial Poetry Competition – $5,000
- Gunnedah Sundowner Memorial Bike Race – $5,000
- Gunnedah Show Society – $4,000
- Westpac Rescue Helicopter Gunnedah Charity Bowls Day – $2,000
- Narrabri Lions Club charity flower show – $1,000
- Curabubula Red Cross Art Show – $1,000.
Other organisations supported have included Gunnedah West Rotary charity golf day, Boggabri Home and Community Care Meals on Wheels, Werris Creek Can Assist organisation, Narrabri and District Aid Service, Rotary Club Gunnedah Gallop, UNE Earth Service Facility NZ geologists tour, Lifeline, Maules Creek community Movember cricket day, Boggabri Christmas Fair colouring competition, Gunnedah Carols in the Park, Boggabri Community Church Carols in the Park, 2014 Kilarney Bike Classic and Maules Creek Community Camp Draft.
For more details on how to register to be considered for donations/sponsorship, please visit here.
Back to News