14 October 2021
September 2021 Quarter Production Report
- September quarter managed run-of-mine (ROM) production of 5.2Mt
- September quarter managed saleable coal production of 4.7Mt
- September quarter total managed coal sales 4.6Mt, managed own coal sales 4.2Mt, total equity coal sales 3.9Mt and equity sales of own coal 3.4Mt
- Managed coal stocks of 3.2Mt as at 30 September
- FY22 production and sales guidance remains unchanged
- No known cases of COVID-19 at any of our sites to date and operations remain largely unaffected but for distancing and hygiene measures
Comments from Whitehaven Coal Managing Director and CEO Paul Flynn:
“During recent weeks, thermal coal prices reached record highs which we will see reflected in significant cash generation over the coming months.
“We continue to pay down our senior debt facility; we expect to fully repay the debt facility early in CY22 and be in a net cash position in the March 2022 quarter.
“After a challenging period at Narrabri, we are readying for the longwall changeout ahead of a more productive second half.”
“On 16 September, we received Federal approval for our Vickery Extension Project, the culmination of an exhaustive process of technical evaluation and stakeholder consultation spanning five years. While we maintain our cautious approach to capital allocation, this is a critical milestone in our development pipeline that offers us optionality.”
Read the full September 2021 Quarter Production Report here.Back to News