14 September 2015
Maules Creek opening ceremony – videos
Here are videos from the official opening ceremony of Whitehaven Coal’s new world-class Maules Creek mine earlier this month.
Maules Creek is already delivering and will continue to deliver substantial economic and social dividends to the surrounding area:
• It has created 250 locally based jobs, and when fully ramped it will create another 200 jobs for locals, or workers prepared to move to the area.
• It will inject an additional $68 million in wages into the regional economy every single year, supporting retailers and small business owners.
• It will contribute over $90 million per year in royalty payments to the New South Wales State Government when the mine is operating ate 13Mtpa ROM coal.
• It will contribute $13 million towards local infrastructure upgrades, improving amenity and liveability.
• It will contribute an annual payment of approximately $900,000 to the Narrabri Shire Council as part of the Voluntary Planning Agreement with the Council.
• It will provide around $150,000 in grants to local education and other charitable initiatives.
• It will provide more than 50 indigenous Australians with skills, training and long term employment.
Back to News