15 July 2021
June 2021 Quarter Production Report
- June quarter managed run-of-mine (ROM) production of 5.4Mt
- June quarter managed saleable coal production of 3.8Mt
- June quarter total managed coal sales 4.5Mt, managed own coal sales 4.0Mt, total equity coal sales 3.7Mt and equity sales of own coal 3.2Mt
- FY21 managed ROM coal production of 20.6Mt
- Maules Creek achieved record annual managed ROM production of 12.7Mt
- FY21 managed coal sales of 19.8Mt, including 2.0Mt of purchased coal, equity coal sales of produced coal 14.4Mt
- Managed coal stocks of 3.3Mt at period end
- No known cases of COVID-19 at any of our sites to date and operations remain largely unaffected but for distancing and hygiene measures
- FY22 coal production and sales tonnages, capital expenditures and unit cost guidance will be provided in the FY21 Results release scheduled for 26 August
Comments from Whitehaven Coal Managing Director and CEO Paul Flynn:
“Coal prices staged a remarkable recovery over the quarter, responding to increased economic activity as well as continuing supply-side constraints.
“Prices for high-CV thermal are at 10-year highs, and we will begin to see this materialise into strong free cash flow over the coming months.
“Our largest mine, Maules Creek, finished with a solid quarter and demonstrated its full potential over the course of the year, delivering a record annual ROM production.
“Unfortunately difficult geological conditions persisted at Narrabri through the second half and, having now navigated through this area, we are focused on finishing the balance of the panel expeditiously and getting to the change out scheduled for Q2 of FY22.”
Read the full June 2021 Quarterly Production Report here.Back to News