14 July 2020
June 2020 Quarterly Production Report
- Record safety performance with TRIFR at 4.13 for the rolling twelve months ended June 2020
- No known cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed at any of our sites to date and operations remain largely unaffected but for distancing and hygiene measures
- Record June quarter managed ROM coal production of 8.2Mt, up 17% on the previous corresponding period (pcp)
- Record June quarter managed saleable coal production of 6.2Mt, up 29% on pcp
- Strong June quarter managed sales of produced coal 5.3Mt, up 13% on pcp
- Managed coal stocks of 3.7Mt at period end
- FY20 managed ROM coal production of 20.6Mt, achieved full year guidance
- FY20 managed coal sales of 17.5Mt, achieved full year guidance
- FY21 coal production and sales tonnages, capital expenditures and unit cost guidance will be provided in the FY20 Results release scheduled for 26 August
Comments from Whitehaven Coal Managing Director and CEO Paul Flynn:
“Despite drought, bushfires and COVID-19 it was great to finish the year so strongly and achieve our ROM and managed sales guidance.
“We recorded our best ever safety result – 4.13 TRIFR – which is a credit to the team and the strong safety culture we are building across all sites.
“Our Vickery Project is now in the final stages of the NSW Government’s evaluation process and we expect a decision within weeks.
“Against an uncertain global economic backdrop Whitehaven is focused on optimising existing operations and observing disciplined capital management.”
Read the full June 2020 Quarterly Production Report here.Back to News